Login



Social Networking

Social Media Links

TwitterFacebookFeed

Sign up for TLA newsletter

Fill out your e-mail address
to receive our newsletter!
E-mail :

TLA's FEATURED ARTIST!





Thug Life Army
50 Cent files for bankruptcy protection after losing lawsuit PDF Print E-mail
Written by PAT EATON-ROBB   
Monday, 13 July 2015 22:25

In this May 17, 2015 file photo, 50 Cent arrives at the Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Someone else's sex tape is proving to be costly for 50 Cent: A jury ordered the rapper-actor Friday, July 10, 2015, to pay $5 million to a woman who said he acquired a video she made with her boyfriend, added himself as a crude commentator and posted it online without her permission. Born Curtis Jackson, 50 Cent burst to the fore of gangsta rap with 2003’s “Get Rich or Die Tryin,’” its lead single, “In Da Club,” and a tough life story that included having been shot nine times. (Photo by Eric Jamison/Invision/AP, File)


HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — 50 Cent filed for federal bankruptcy protection Monday, days after a jury ordered him to pay $5 million in an invasion-of-privacy lawsuit.

The rapper-actor, whose real name is Curtis Jackson III, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. District Court in Hartford. He owns a 50,000-square-foot mansion in nearby Farmington.

The filing lists both the assets and liabilities for the "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" artist as between $10 million and $50 million and indicates his debts are primarily consumer and not business related.

The filing comes after a New York jury on Friday ordered Jackson to pay $5 million to a woman who said he acquired a video she made with her boyfriend, added himself as a crude commentator and posted it online without her permission.

The jury this week was scheduled to deliberate on possible further, punitive damages in Lastonia Leviston's invasion-of-privacy lawsuit against Jackson. But the filing may put the trial on hold. Jackson did not appear as scheduled Monday to testify about his finances because of the bankruptcy filing, his lawyer said.

"Mr. Jackson's business interests will continue unaffected in the ordinary course during the pendency of the Chapter 11 case," attorney William A. Brewer III said in a statement. "This filing for personal bankruptcy protection permits Mr. Jackson to continue his involvement with various business interests and continue his work as an entertainer."

The lawsuit stems from a 13-minute video that appeared online in 2009, featuring a wig-wearing 50 Cent as a narrator dubbed Pimpin' Curly. He makes explicit remarks about the images and taunts rap rival Rick Ross, who isn't in the video but had previously had a daughter with Leviston. At the time the video surfaced, Ross and 50 Cent were trading barbs via video, lyrics and interviews.

Jackson got the tape from the man in it, Leviston's boyfriend at the time. The rapper said that he didn't actually post the video but that Leviston's then-boyfriend said she wouldn't mind if he did.

50 Cent burst to the fore of gangsta rap with 2003's "Get Rich or Die Tryin,'" its lead single, "In Da Club," and a tough life story that included having been shot nine times.

Jackson is an admitted former crack dealer who has built an empire beyond entertainment. He invested early in Vitamin Water and has expanded his business interests into clothing and audio equipment.

Now 40, he has gone on to become an actor whose credits include the Starz network action series "Power" and the upcoming boxing movie "Southpaw."

He also was named by Forbes last year as one of "Hip-Hops Five Wealthiest artists."

He bought his 17-acre home in Connecticut from boxer Mike Tyson in 2003 for $4.1 million. The house includes 19 bedrooms, more than two dozen bathrooms, a gym, billiard rooms, racquetball courts and a disco complete with stripper poles.

It had been listed for sale in 2009 for $10.9 million, but is no longer on the market.

Last Updated on Monday, 13 July 2015 22:34
 
Hussein Fatal Of The Outlawz Died Today PDF Print E-mail
Written by Max Weinstein   
Saturday, 11 July 2015 21:55

Fatal Hussein - Letter to Pac

First we heard Chief Keef’s affiliate Capo was shot and killed in Chicago today, and now this.

 

Global 14 is reporting that Hussein Fatal of The Outlawz died in a car accident today. They say it has been confirmed by group member EDI Mean.

 

We’ll keep you updated with more details as we learn them.

 

Fatal was best known for his work with Tupac and the Outlaw Immortalz. We send condolences to his family and friends.

Last Updated on Saturday, 11 July 2015 22:10
 
Floyd Mayweather Is Putting Up $10 Million For Suge Knight's Bail PDF Print E-mail
Written by ZACH FRYDENLUND   
Thursday, 30 April 2015 11:43

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is getting ready for his massive fight with Manny Pacquiao this weekend but in the meantime, he plans to help out his friend, Suge Knight, once its over. Knight's lawyer just revealed to the New York Daily News that after Floyd handles business this weekend he's going to come back to California and put up Knight's bail, which is currently set at $10 million.

Knight is currently in jail on murder and attempted murder charges following a hit-and-run incident that left Terry Carter dead. Earlier today, Knight pled not guilty to the charges and a judge denied a request to lower his bail from $10 million to $5 million. Whether Floyd actually posts Knight's $10 million bail next week remains to be seen, but in the above video, Knight's lawyer seems very confident. Mayweather does have a net worth of $280 million—and it's being reported that he will make an additional $120 million by fighting Pacquiao on May 2. We will continue to update this story as more details emerge.

UPDATE: According to TMZ, key members of Floyd's "Money Team" said that they will not be posting Suge's bail. The post also says that Floyd and Suge haven't been close in years, though they used to be friends.

Last Updated on Saturday, 16 May 2015 01:37
 
A New Tupac Movie About His Final Days Is In The Works PDF Print E-mail
Written by CHET MANLEY   
Tuesday, 19 May 2015 22:39

It seems like only a month ago that John Singleton quit one Tupac biopic while promising to work on a different, “more respectful” project. There’s now word of another film, 7 Dayz, from director and Pac confidant Gobi M. Rahimi. Unlike the other projects, this film would focus on the seven days Rahimi spent with Shakur while the rapper was comatose before passing.


Rahimi – who helmed the music videos for “I Ain’t Mad at Cha” and “2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted,” among others – wants to raise $300,000 to prevent his movie, 7 Dayz, “from becoming another watered down Hollywood film,” according to the project’s IndieGogo page. The feature film will also incorporate rare, actual footage of the rapper.


Rahimi, who claims to have penned a letter for Shakur in which he fired Suge Knight, wrote on the website that since he bore witness to the rapper’s final days, he owed it to Tupac and the world to tell the story now, nearly two decades after the rapper’s death.


As Rahimi says in the video: “This isn’t a documentary. It’s not a hologram and it’s not a repurposed album. This is my experience; my story.” This is an interesting take, and I’m all for any excuse to watch unreleased Pac footage. I just hope that letter to Knight doesn’t reignite that “Suge shot me” theory.


You can support the project through Rahimi’s Indiegogo page.


(via Rolling Stone)


And for anything else you may have missed on the web today…

 

Source: http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/2015/05/2pac-movie-7dayz/

Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 22:45
 
Geraldo confronted about Fox News coverage of Baltimore PDF Print E-mail
Written by Staff   
Wednesday, 29 April 2015 20:14
Protester confronts Geraldo Rivera at Baltimore protest"Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me."

A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking where were you before this?

Protester: You want to report that we're thugs and we're breaking shit down. You got these two black dudes protecting you (talking about Geraldo's bodyguards) from all these black folks. We're the ones that need protection! Report for us! You're working for Fox News. Adam Jackson just went on Sean Hannity....(Geraldo tries to get away) Why are you running away? Talk to me. Just talk to me. Listen, a black man can raise his voice and you don't have to be intimidated. (Geraldo mumbles something) Because I want you and Fox News to get out of Baltimore City. Because you are not here reporting about the boarded up homes and the homeless people on the MLK. You're not reporting about the poverty levels up and down North Avenue. Two years ago, when the 300 man march and we marched (street names), you weren't here. You're here for the black riots! You're not here for the death of Freddie Gray.

The unidentified protester then began saying he wanted to talk to Geraldo and pleaded for the cameras to be turned off before continuing:

I want the white media out of Baltimore City until you are here to report the real story.

His takedown of Geraldo and the media continued. Watch him passionately confront Geraldo Rivera to tell the real story:

Last Updated on Saturday, 16 May 2015 01:38
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 66

"This site is dedicated to the legacy of Tupac Shakur and all the other souljahs who dare to struggle; alive & dead"

The layout, text and images on this website are protected by (c) Copyright and may not be used or reproduced without written consent of Admin@ThugLifeArmy.com.
No copyright is implied or expressed towards any of the pictures on the site except site images owned by ThugLifeArmy.com . ‘Hot linking’ of our content (images, text, audio and video) is strictly prohibited by law.
If our news articles are used we expect source credit and a live return link to be given to ThugLifeArmy.com.
The photograph of Tupac used on the home page is owned and copyrighted by Gobi. Photo is used with permission from Gobi to ThugLifeArmy.com. Many more of Gobi's photographs of Tupac can be seen in Gobi's book 'Thru My Eyes'.
Picture graphics and design are by illcomics@cox.net and webmaster@thuglifearmy.com (Selphie)

Thug Life Army is a division of Star Sound Music Group®
7336 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 800 Hollywood, California 90046
E-mail: Admin@ThugLifeArmy.com
Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About Us | Sourcing Policy | DMCA | RSS Feed feed-image
(c) Copyright 2002-2015 www.thugelifearmy.com. All Rights Reserved